On Sunday nights, everybody craves comfort food. But after a long weekend, who really wants to take time to make dinner? This pasta dish is the perfect solution to that problem! It is super quick and insanely good, plus it won’t break the bank! It’s based off of the classic dish at most Italian places which incorporates the spicy sausage, sweet peas and creamy vodka sauce.
What you may not know though is that fresh pasta is widely available and inexpensive at the grocery store. Of course places like Eataly and specialty stores will have much more, higher quality options, but the price will also rise. I recommend using Buitoni, but I’ve found that most grocery store brands are alike. You can usual find this pasta in the refrigerated section with the packaged cheeses and charcuterie with at $3 price tag. This makes is a bit more expensive than dried pasta, but trust me – the taste is completely different. It’s softer and has real flavor that you don’t get with dried pasta!
Give it a try… I promise you will enjoy it!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 1 minute
- 1 bag fresh egg noodle pasta
- 2 hot Italian sausage, crumbled
- 1/3 cup peas
- 1 cup vodka pasta sauce
- 2 tbsp fresh Parmesan
- Put a pot of water on to boil for the pasta. Salt the water well.
- In a heated pan, add crumbled Italian sausage and cook for about 5 minutes or until pieces are browned.
- Add pasta to water when water comes to a rolling boil and cook for 1 minute. Watch carefully – since it’s fresh it will cook extremely fast. Drain pasta.
- Turn pot down to medium and add vodka pasta sauce back into hot pan. Once warmed, add Italian sausage, peas and pasta. Toss together until pasta is coated in sauce.
- Separate into two bowls, top with Parmesan and enjoy!