Halibut is one of those amazing ingredients that I love to splurge on. Buying such a high quality piece of fish automatically takes your meal to the next level. Halibut has an amazing, buttery texture and a mild taste that becomes even more elevated when it’s marinated and cooked with the right flavors. The great thing is that since the fish is so good, the right flavors can be anything that you like!
For this recipe, the curry paste becomes more mild with the creamy coconut milk to create a layer of warming spices that coat the halibut. The coconut milk combined with the fact that it’s such a delicate fish means that eat bite melts in your mouth. The noodles and sweet potato play well with the fish and create the right amount of starch in this dish to give it a hearty feel. This dish with nourish your body and leave you happy and satiated all afternoon!
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
- 2 – 4 oz halibut filet, wild-caught
- 1 1/2 servings of rice noodles
- 2 tbsp green curry paste
- 1/2 c. coconut milk
- 1/3 c. chicken broth
- 1 1/2 c. spinach
- 1 1/2 c. cubed sweet potatoes, cooked
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- Bring pot of water to rolling boil. While waiting on water, add 1 tsp of coconut oil to sauce pan. Once hot, add 2 tbsp curry paste to sauce pan and stir around, warming paste up, about 2 minutes. Next add the coconut milk and chicken broth. More of either can be added depending on the exact consistency that you are going for but I found the about combination above to work well.
- Add noodles to pot of water and follow cooking instructions on noodles. Drain noodles and split between two bowls. Split spinach and sweet potatoes between bowls. Pour warmed curry liquid into bowls next.
- Heat 1 tsp coconut oil in sauté pan on medium high heat. Once hot, add halibut and cook for about 6 minutes, turning on each side. Once finished, place on top of noodles in bowls and viola!